Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Shake Shack... What the hell... Ruby's ???


I grew up riding along the coast with my Dad and Mom for a special treat. The Shake Shack, Banana Date Shake. Its famous shake that all locals know about. So its been quite awhile since i have been there. It was closed for awhile but I didn't think too much about it. Well last week I took my boyfriend Juan there who is from the East Coast. Figuring this would be the Shake Shack I remember as a child... UMMMM looks sort of the same, it has been painted a different color... but as I walk up I smell a familiar smell... Ruby's burgers... WHAT THE FUCK? Ruby's ? this is supposed to be a local gem. A local secret... um.. no... Ruby's now owns it... and the sign is now changed so a huge RUBY is in the center... So sad... Corporate America is taking over everything!!! Its really sad. Independent companies can't compete with huge chains. Its such a shame. I would hate to see The Stand in Laguna Beach be changed into a McDonalds...

No comments: