Monday, September 08, 2008

Rosemary Chicken

Rosemary Chicken
I know the picture makes it look sort of yuck... but I took it on my I phone and the photo quality is not so great!

okay... so my mom got this recipe off T.V. a long time ago , I am not sure what her name is but she is tall, beautiful long brown hair, english accent.... looked like a super model...I don't even know if she is on T.V. anymore... anyways... this is seriously the easiest and yummiest moist chicken ever!! I actually made it today for Juan and I, he gave it 5 STARS (I make him rate everything I make for him)!! but he said he thinks I should have marinaded it a little longer so it tasted more like rosemary.. ( well if you want it to be exploding with rosemary flavor... go chew on a damn rosemary sprig...) okay... wow did that just come out of my mouth??? CARRY ON... so this is what you need

1 gallon zip lock bag
1 whole chicken cut up with bone and skin (you can use how ever much you want as long as it has the bone in)
6 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Lemon (don't throw the lemon rind away)
1 Red Onion
2-4 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
Salt to taste (I'd say 2 tbsp)


So you take your gallon zip lock bag and throw in your chicken, then quarter your onion throw it in the bag, add Olive Oil, add rosemary ( I strip the leaves off and then throw everything in, stem and all), half your lemon, juice it in the bag and then throw the lemon in the bag as well... then add salt... then you ziplock the bag and shake it all up... The longer you marinade this the better. I say 24 hours is perfect flavor... You can also pre-make this and freeze it! It really is so good! The chicken just melts in your mouth! I added red potatoes but I suggest you NOT... since they were still hard after I cooked them.. Also don't use a whole chicken because it takes forever to cook thats why I said "cut up". Then I just dumped everything in a casserole dish and added 1 cup water ( not suggested if you want your chicken browned) so it would be extra juicy... served it with white rice, Juan liked all the "juice" poured on the rice. Pretty much its so easy, so good, and can be served with a bunch of things!!

Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 1 hour

10 comments:

Patty said...

This sounds good!

Katie Kutthroat said...

that looks amazing.

Claudia said...

mmmm... rosemary and lemon are the perfect ingredients :)

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! I'll have to try it when it gets colder. Try chicken in a caper cream sauce on All Recipes! I love that one! We eat it almost every week with rice. So good!!!!
And I think you might be talking about that one Italian chick. Is her name Nigella?

Brook said...

oh yeah... that is who it was... I haven't seen her FOREVER!!

Bimbo Baggins said...

That looks yummy. I love rosemary chicken!!! I like boiling a whole chicken with rosemary.

Kitchen said...

Oh that looks so good. I've got to try it.

I just got a few Nigella Lawsn books too.

UK lass in US said...

That looks good. I hate to think what my husband's response would be if I asked him to rate the stuff I serve up around here...

Itskellerific said...

i think her name is nigella lawson, or something like that. her show is called nigella feasts.

Three Wolf Moon TShirt said...

We share the same passion for chicken and herbs..I presume! I love rosemary.