Wednesday, July 30, 2008

YOU WANT SOME MILK WITH THAT earthSHAKE?

So this is so random... about 2 days ago I was sitting talking to my boyfriend about earthquakes.... yes i know that sounds like a conversation a 90 year old couple would be having... but thats besides the point... I knit damnit... I can talk grandma if I want to... He is originally from Ecuador like I have said before and then lived the rest of his life in Maryland... So his earthquake drama has been ZERO.... I was telling him how they are not scary just weird because its random and by the time I either wake up or get my ass out of bed to run to the door jam... they are over.... well God was listening to my conversation and decided that he was going to SHAKE things up a bit. We had an EARTHQUAKE !!! 5.4 I guess... and it was during the day which is weird. Most of the ones I remember are in the middle of the night. but yeah... thats about the extent of natural disasters in southern California... Minus the fires... but those are just crazy arsonist wanting to burn california down... so sad... I always see the charred hills and all I can think of is .... Bambi... all those little furry critters getting their love nest burned down... not the peoples million dollar homes with insurance... furry critters dont have home owners insurance... hahahahaha... wow I am scaring myself!!!

4 comments:

Katie Kutthroat said...

apparently where my friend lives it was a 5.8.. that is some serious shit! where i live now i feel pretty lucky.. it barely even rains, i just have to tolerate the heat! god is a bully!

Bimbo Baggins said...

you failed to mention how you screamed like a little girl! Don't feel bad...I did too.

sewitsforyou said...

I was in an earthquake a couple of years ago and it scared the living daylights out of me. Glad you are all ok.

Isaac said...

Hello, nice blog.