Monday, January 18, 2010

Colette Pattern- Sencha

So I just ordered a few LOVELY patterns from Colette Patterns and I couldn't wait to get started! Normally I do a little trial run using cheap fabric to make sure things will all work out. I bought some of this black polka dottie stuff at Joanns for $2/yard just to be safe. As far as the results I guess I am "eeehh" about them. I feel like it looks like a 1960's pregnancy shirt. It doesn't hang right and is quite short. I think this has a lot to do with the fabric I used. The ones on the model is made out of a light silky material and I think thats what I'll have to do....




Truly though the buttons are what SOLD ME!! I love buttons. Especially ones down the back... they make me swoon... I think I am going to try to re-work the neckline. maybe try a lower cut neckline bring it out a little boat neckish... though I have no clue how to do that... eeehhh. Even if it had a neckline like the Rooibos does:



But for a test run I feel like it went pretty well. I really want wait to make the Ceylon cutest dress EVER!

colette front

OMg and my hair is a HOT MESS! Its been raining like no ones business ALL DAY... like SCARY rain...

mmmm momma like me some elbow rolls!

side

Gustus wants to know what the hell I am doing

colette shirt back

front

I will for sure make this pattern again but for sure in different type of fabric. Either lightweight cotton possibly seersucker or some silky material of some sort. there really is great detail with all the tucks and stuff and with black you really cant even tell... SO who knows... What do you think?

6 comments:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

I love it - gorgeous! The buttons up the back are really fabulous. It doesn't look like it hangs weirdly at all, at least not in those photos.

Andi B. Goode said...

I think it looks great. I like the buttons up the back, too.
-Andi x

Unknown said...

The buttons are definitley a way kewl feature, and the belt creates a nice wasitline, very cute!

Bird Shit said...

Totally LOVE it!

OokamiMommy said...

oh kid i think its beautiful... i'm pretty sure thats what you should make me for my birthday :) i adore the buttons up the back so cute. <3

Crimson Muzzle said...

Great readding