Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Handmade Brigade



Here we are Jackie, Me, Melissa, Nina



SOOOOO June was Indie Craft Month for us Handmade Brigade Gals!!! It was so fun but I am glad its over. I didn't even go to all of the events because I had to work but let me tell you it was a lot of STRESS and freaking out about it working out since it really was our first time as a group organizing all of these events! It went ssooo well! We even got in the Orange County Register!! That was a shock! I found out why I was eating lunch in Zion! My 15 seconds of fame ahahaha!

The first show was in Cerritos which technically not in Orange County but it was the tall mouse with the biggest parking lot. There was a bunch of cool vendors. I bought a bunch of stuff !! haahhah!


Here are a few of the awesome vendors from the Cerritos show


This is Berndt Offerings she makes the coolest "saint" candles she ever has a michael jackson one...


THen there was the Swap-o-Rama which I didn't go to but they said it was crazy busy and people made such cool things.

Here is Ninas boyfriend, Anthony screen printing shirts.


Here is Nina rocking her t-shirt into skirt and Melissa with her t-shirt necklaces that she was making at the show.


Jackie stenciling shit... look at her face! she said it was sooo overwhelming!


Some of the swappers... Does anyone spy The Craft Pig??? I DO!!!


Then there was Indie Intensive but I am too lazy to write about it... eehhh sorry

Then there was the last show in Laguna Niguel. Which happens to be my stompin' ground.

DO you see the bright pink canopy that looks so gaudy and like a circus tent.... thats MINE!!! Of course!




Here is MandaLanda she makes super cool things. We want to hook Jackies sister up with her brother who is photographed here ... hhhahahah he has no clue though! I think someone said he helps sew on the buttons... what a nice man!! Juan would never help me...






This is Palm Puppy I bought a SUPER cute boston terrier christmas ornament from her... I LOVE IT. It looks just like Gus, crazy eyes and all!!! I collect Christmas Ornaments so I just couldnt resist. She makes a bunch of different breeds...




Here is Jackies booth


and Melissas booth


Me obviously not paying attention!




And pretty much the star of the whole show... My precious little man... He was so well behaved just hung out and peeped his head out from the table to say Hello How dang cute is he?



I left out a bunch of pictures so if you want to see more check it out Here!

SO for now I am done doing any major shows until Christmas or until Juan leaves for Afghanistan. BUT a few days after Juan leaves we (handmade brigade girls) are planning to do a show at Detroit Bar. Which I kept calling Chicago and everyone had no clue what I was talking about. hahahaha I am so stupid!! I knew it was some City name. It should be fun though. Everyone says its a super cool place. I've never been but that should be September 20th I think... SO you guys better come!!!

6 comments:

Stina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! i'm so happy to hear all went fine and that you had a good time!

Claudia said...

I'm famous!

Jen said...

Yay!! Sounds like you organised a fabulous event, well done and i wish i could have gone to some of them.

Jenny S said...

I am so jealous! 4 craft shows!! Sounds like a lot of hard work though, well done you! ...and I'd probably bankrupt myself if I had been there or spent most my time fussing over your Gus, he is so cute!! xo

Satu (Satuh83) said...

Hi!

I just sent you some mail today. HOw have you been doing?

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a great show. Is that a PINK tent you have??? ?