Thursday, July 30, 2009

Glittered Jesus



SSSOOOO pretty much my favorite thing EVER! My grandma gave me this statue because its hand broke off and asked if I wanted it because if not she was going to throw it away or something horrible like that... Well then she found the hand and gave it to me... Well I lost the hand never to be found for over 2 years. SO when I did find it again I got some E6000 and made him whole again. Then he just stared down at my from my shelf... Looking all... WHITE ....and actually sort of boring.

Then I went to Jackies house for the first time.... My mother always taught me to look with my EYES not my Hands... Well once I was old enough to realize I do whatever the fuck I want I stopped listening to this horrible concept... I went to Jackies house and touched everything. hahahaha She has mounds of handmade goodness. Felted dinosaurs, knitted plushies, Feltadermy rabbit,sugar skulls, succulents, and then God parted the sea Moses said let my people go.... and thats when I saw her...



Glittered Virgin Mary.... In all her pink glory.... Well of course the first thing I thought was... Well Glittered Virgin Marys immaculately conceive a GLITTERED JESUS... RIGHT?? Makes sense to me. So then my LDS White Jesus was corrupted into the most marvelous thing ever...


(And the angels sang)

8 comments:

Melissa Loschy said...

I love the face that Rebel Road girl is making in the background

Brooke S. Rochon said...

THIS. F'ING. ROCKS. I want one!!!

Emily Huntoon said...

So bad-ass! Jesus looks like he's gonna "tap that ass" too from this angle! lol

Melissa and Brandon said...

I knew that it looked familiar!!! It sure looks pretty!! Do the same one in white iridescent for me so it wont be confused with sac-religious!!! You sure are a talent!!

Purrfect Kat said...

That's AWESOME!!! would you mind please sharing your advice? where did you find the glitter clour???
brilliant idea+++

Jenny S said...

Ahhh that is amazing! I've been dying to see him since I read your interview (also amazing btw!)

Auntie Em is right - he does have a bit of a 'tap that' pose!!

Stephanie O' said...

Very cool!

Unknown said...

Those are freakin AWESOME!!!! I lov them!