Thursday, May 15, 2008

Polygamist



Yes it is 3a.m. and i should definitely be going to sleep... I should have been to sleep hours ago... but who cares.... I'm in an awful mood.... who knows why... just a grump.... ho hum.... save me from myself... and my foul foul mood.... watching the polygamist on Oprah today helped my mood... I am facinated with their backwards way of living, and that people can get sucked into that... plus my family from my Dads family are LDS so... its just interesting... plus when I went to Saint George to see my Grandpa there was a mom and her two kids.... clearly polygamist... the dresses and that hair style... I don't even know what you call it... but when I saw them in the store i was dumbfounded... I couldn't believe it... like seeing something out of a movie... I thought they didn't leave their "compound" or rows of mobile homes in the middle of the desert... I asked my grandma hoping she would give me a little insight since back way back when we had polygamy in our family... and incest... but you know... that was when it was the "trend" because there was more women converts to mormonism then there was men... so the men took them under their wing (so to speak)... but she just said, "They knew what they were doing was wrong..." I guess I just feel for the kids... they were trained from birth that the outside world is the devil and here come tanks and guns and military personel to wisk them away and separate them from their mothers... I would be terrified... FLDS or not... anyways I totally suggest the book "Shattered Dreams" really interesting and definitely very informative of the life FLDS live...

1 comment:

Viva Scrapper! said...

I believe the hairstyle is called the French Braid Pompadour.